Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, New Resolutions

Every year millions of people make New Years resolutions. Every year millions of people break those same resolutions. So I figure why even bother! I know that there are things I "need" to do; lose some weight, pay my bills on time (sorry hunny), and keep the house tidy. EVERYONE makes those resolutions.

But this year I have one I'm bound and determined to keep! I will finish all of my UFO's in my basket. I used to be the worlds most unorganized crafter in the world. I was famous for starting a project and then hating it half or even 3/4th of the way through and would then never finish it. So into a box it would go. Sometime down the line I would pull it out; maybe still like it and finish it or I would HATE it and think "What the hell was I thinking?" and throw it away. My husband, bless his heart would shake his head, mumble under his breath about the wasted money and walk away. So then in an attempt to make him "accept" my crafting addiction I figured I better get my act together and finishing all those damned projects.

So I became obsessively compelled to finish one project before moving on to the next. I would stay up all night knitting, get the kids ready and sent off to school, knit some more and then crash for the rest of the day. I know I know not very productive of me, but I was a stay at home mom and well who would see but the dogs. And, I've trained them good enough to not tell on me!!! But now... oh now I work at a fabulous little yarn shoppe in Whitefish, MT and I am too tempted by the yarns to keep myself from picking up another ball and casting on. So my UFO pile has continued to grow. With half written patterns and one sock syndrome kicking in what's a girl to do??? A New Years Resolution of course!

So here it is... I will finish all of the projects in my UFO basket EVEN if I hate them half way through. I will not cast on another project until the first one has come off of the needles and all the finishing is done. (That's kind of important!) and most importantly. I will make time for myself to enjoy the hobby that keeps me sane and a decent wife and mother.

Wish me luck.... the new Tilli Tomas yarn is screaming for me to pick it up!!

No comments: